Trial Lawyer With 20+ Years of Experience
Mr. Ali represents defendants in misdemeanor and felony criminal law matters in the state of Indiana. His practice is focused on crimes of violence, crimes involving the possession and use of illegal drugs, driving while impaired, sex crimes, and theft. Mr. Ali has experience as a former prosecutor, providing a unique insight on the way the other side thinks in a case. He boasts more than 20 years of legal experience and works hard to help clients resolve their issues in the most favorable manner possible.
Over the years, Mr. Ali has helped clients facing a variety of high-stakes legal matters, and has always remained committed to representing their best interests. No matter how complex or serious your case may seem, you can count on Mr. Ali to provide consistent communication so that you are always aware of the progress of your case, as well as any options that you may have to move forward in an effective manner. When your rights and freedom are on the line, you can count on him to stand up for you, challenging the charges you face from start to finish.
Bars and Court
- Admitted to practice before the United States District Court for the Northern and Southern Districts of Indiana and all Indiana state courts.
- Juris Doctor, Northern Kentucky University, Salomon B. Chase College of Law, 1998
- Master of Arts, Human Resources Training and Development, University of Wisconsin, 1990
- Bachelor of Arts, Public Relations and Marketing, Southeast Missouri State University, 1987
- Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College®, Faculty Member, 2010–present
- Indiana Public Defender Council, Faculty Member, 2010–present
- Indiana State Bar Association, Member
- Indiana Trial Lawyers Association, Member
- National Association of Criminal Defense Lawyers, Member
- Graduate, National Criminal Defense College
- Graduate, National Institute for Trial Advocacy Training
- Graduate, National Trial Advocacy Institute
- Black Law Students Association, Vice President, 1995–1996
- Student Bar Association, Class Representative, 1994–1996
- Principal, Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyer, 2002–present
- Deputy Prosecutor, Office of the Madison County Prosecutor, 2001–2002
- Deputy Attorney General—Consumer Protection Department, Office of the Attorney General of Indiana, 2000
- Senior Law Clerk—Consumer Protection Department, Office of the Attorney General of Indiana, 1997–2000
- Pharmaceutical Sales Representative, Eli Lilly and Company, 1991–1996 Public Speaking Instructor and Advisor, University of Wisconsin, 1988–1990
- “Growth Through the Lens,” The Warrior, a quarterly publication of the Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College, Spring 2012
Recent Speaking Engagements
- Faculty, DWI/OWI Field Sobriety Training Seminar, Indiana Public Defender Council Trial Practice Institute, 2013
- Faculty, Death Penalty Seminar, Gerry Spence Trial Lawyers College®, 2012
Contact us for your free consultation.