Indiana Drug Crimes Defense Lawyer
Drug crime charges can threaten your freedom and your future. When you need a fierce defense against misdemeanor or felony drug crimes charges in Indiana, you need Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers. We are dedicated to defending our clients’ rights, no matter how challenging a drug case may seem.
Through customized strategies and former prosecution experience, we have the skills, knowledge, and insights to craft strong drug defense cases and bring them to favorable resolutions. So, when your future is at stake, act fast to protect it — contact our Indiana drug crimes attorney for the experienced defense representation you need and deserve.
Drug Schedules And Potential Penalties In Indiana
Drug penalties in Indiana vary, according to factors like (but not limited to) the:
- Type of drug involved, with different drugs classified by a “schedule” system
- Intended use for the drug, like whether it was for personal use or distribution purposes
- Amount of the drug found in your possession, with greater amounts usually tied to more serious penalties
The drug schedule that classifies all controlled substances is based on a drug’s addictiveness, medical uses, and potential for danger. Drugs are placed on a sliding scale, with:
- Schedule I drugs considered to be most dangerous and, therefore, associated with the harshest penalties
- Schedule V drugs considered to be the least dangerous
Here’s a breakdown of how different types of drugs are classified:
- Schedule I drugs: These have no known medical use and could include LSD, marijuana, peyote, and ecstasy.
- Schedule II drugs: Cocaine, high levels of hydrocodone, and meth are all rated as Schedule II drugs.
- Schedule III drugs: Ketamine and certain anabolic steroids are some examples of Schedule III drugs.
- Schedule IV drugs: These can include some over-the-counter medications and prescription drugs, like Xanax, Ambien, and Valium, if they are abused.
- Schedule V drugs: If misused, these drugs, considered to be the least addictive, can still come with criminal charges. This can include codeine (in preparations with less than 200 mg).
How To Fight Drug Crime Charges In Indiana: Drug Crime Defense Strategies
The best strategies to fight drug charges will depend on the nature of the charges filed, the available evidence, and other factors. Attorney Zaki Ali is skilled at tailoring drug defense cases to fit the circumstances and details of a particular case. In general, however, he will take steps like (but not limited to) the following to determine the best strategies for drug crime defense cases:
- Carefully review the police report
- Analyze the evidence and re-interview witnesses
- Conduct his own investigation to look for any additional evidence and/or witnesses
Don’t Fight Drug Crime Charges Alone: Contact Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers
When you or a loved one has been accused of a drug crime in Indiana, you can count on Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers for compassionate legal guidance and aggressive advocacy. As a former prosecutor, Indiana defense lawyer Zaki Ali can effectively anticipate the prosecution’s strategies, making him a formidable defense attorney for any drug crime case.
Call 765-252-1539 or email attorney Zaki Ali now for a FREE consultation and essential answers about your rights and legal options. With Indiana drug defense lawyer Zaki Ali on your side, you can be confident that you have a skilled attorney in your corner who is working tirelessly and tenaciously to seek the best possible results so you can focus on the future.
We invite you to check out our case results and testimonials from former clients to see why we’re a leading criminal defense law firm in Indiana — and why you can rely on attorney Zaki Ali for exceptional criminal defense representation.