Helping You Become A United States Citizen
Most citizens of the U.S. became citizens just by being born to U.S. citizen parents. If you were not born to U.S. citizen parents, the process is much more complicated.
But do not worry. We can help you. Our attorney, Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers, has been a layer for more than 20 years. Our legal team – serving clients in Anderson, Indianapolis, Muncie and the surrounding areas of Indiana – will help you through the legal process and help you make your dreams come true.
How To Become A United States Citizen
The process of becoming a U.S. citizen will depend in large part on your current status in the country:
- The first step to becoming a United States citizen is to come into the country legally. This is called the immigration process. We can help you.
- Once you are in the country, we want to make sure you are allowed to stay permanently, a process that usually involves obtaining a green card.
- With your permanent status secured, we can start working with you on the process of naturalization.
To be a fully naturalized citizen, you need to be:
- 18 years old or older
- A permanent resident of the U.S.
- A resident of the United States for at least five years without interruption
- Free from any serious crimes on your record and a person of good moral character
- Understand the English language at least at an elementary level
- Have a basic knowledge of the history and politics of the United States
And once all of these items are in order, you need to file the Application for Naturalization.
The process of naturalization might seem confusing and intimidating, but do not worry. Attorney Ali and our legal team can help you.