Indiana Murder Defense From A Former Prosecutor With 20-Plus Years’ Experience
Murder charges are the most serious criminal charges you can face in Indiana. As such, they can come with the harshest possible penalties, from long-term imprisonment to the death penalty. If you may be or have been accused of murder in Indiana, you could be facing the fight of your life in court. Make sure you are ready to protect your rights and present a formidable defense. Make sure you have Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers on your side.
Backed by more than 20 years’ experience, including experience as a former prosecutor, Indiana murder defense attorney Zaki Ali can help you:
- Anticipate prosecutors’ strategies and effectively challenge their allegations in and outside the courtroom
- Work tirelessly to try to get the charges reduced and/or evidence thrown out, to the extent possible
- Strive to minimize the potential penalties as much as possible
- Fight to seek the best possible resolution
The sooner you contact attorney Zaki Ali, the sooner you can get experienced help protecting your rights and fighting the murder charges.
Types Of Murder Charges In Indiana
Unlike many other states, Indiana does not divide murder into different degrees or levels. Instead, Indiana Code § 35-42-1 groups all murder charges under the same statute. The law does, however, create separate manslaughter statutes for accidental and “heat of passion” killings. According to Indiana law, murder is defined as the act of:
- Intentionally killing another person
- Intentionally killing a fetus that has attained viability
- Killing another person while committing, or attempting to commit, certain felonies
In general, murder charges are unclassified felonies in Indiana. While the circumstances surrounding an alleged murder can impact the potential penalties, generally, a conviction in a murder case can be punishable by:
- 45 to 65 years in prison, with life sentences and the death penalty reserved for the most serious offenses
- Fines up to $10,000
How To Fight Murder Charges In Indiana: Defense Strategies
While murder charges are as serious as it gets under Indiana criminal law, there may be some ways to weaken the prosecutor’s case and present a strong defense. Some options can include arguing that:
- The accused has been wrongly identified as the perpetrator.
- The act was committed in self-defense.
- The act with committed in the heat of passion.
- The death resulted from suicide, natural causes, or an accident.
- There is insufficient or conflicting evidence, creating reasonable doubt that the accused committed the offense.
When murder defense cases are successful, it may be possible to:
- Get the charges dismissed
- Get the charges and/or penalties reduced
- Work out a favorable plea deal (even if you wish to plead guilty!)
- Secure an acquittal
Indiana attorney Zaki Ali is the ally and advocate you can rely on for the strongest possible defense against murder charges. He’s skilled at challenging evidence and crafting airtight defense cases in the pursuit of the best possible outcomes.
When Everything’s On The Line, Contact Indiana Murder Defense Attorney Zaki Ali For A Fierce Defense
When you’re facing murder charges — or the possibility of being accused of murder — in Indiana, retaining Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers as soon as possible can be in your best interests. That’s because Indiana murder defense attorney Zaki Ali can:
- Make sure you are questioned appropriately and are not subjected to police manipulation, abuse or brutality.
- Investigate the crime at the same time as the police, empowering him to craft a maximally effective defense.
- Give you an inside look at how the prosecution will likely build and present its case.
- Immediately start defending your rights while helping you navigate each step moving forward.
- Set your case up for the best possible resolution.
When your future, freedom, and reputation are on the line, Indiana murder defense lawyer Zaki Ali can be an essential advocate who can make all the difference in the strength and outcome of your case — and your future. We invite you to check out our case results and testimonials from former clients to see why we’re a leading criminal defense law firm in Indiana — and why you can rely on attorney Zaki Ali for exceptional defense representation.
From offices throughout Indiana, Zaki Ali, Trial Lawyers represents clients across the state, including those in Madison County, Delaware County, Durant County, Blackford County, Jay County, Hancock County, Henry County, Hamilton County and Tipton County.